Submissions are open to articles that are Canadian and international in scope. The Journal is multi-sectoral and welcomes articles that deal with career development in its broadest sense. Authors are encouraged to submit articles dealing with career development in the corporate, non-profit, secondary education, post-secondary education and government sectors.
Journal Topic Areas Examples
- Application of career theories
- New approaches, techniques and theories
- Career development in various populations
- Career and family interactions
- Workplace and workforce issues
- Career issues in K-12 and post-secondary
- Career counselling techniques, interventions and approaches
- Career transitions (school/work, school/university, career change, career/retirement, etc)
- Career education
- Qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Cross-cultural research
- Intervention and counselling evaluations
- Career development policy development
Additional Information for Contributors:
Evaluation of manuscripts include criteria such as:
- significance and currency of the topic,
- contribution to new knowledge in the field,
- appropriateness of the methodology or approach,
- and clarity of presentation.
The review process normally does not exceed 2 months from submission to publication decision. If approved for publication, articles are slotted into the next issue with open slots.
The Editor is Robert Shea, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Associate Editor is Diana Boyd, Memorial University of Newfoundland.