The Canadian Journal of Career Development welcomes articles which deal with career development in its broadest sense. Authors are particularly encouraged to submit articles dealing with career development in the corporate, non profit, secondary education, post secondary education, and government sectors.
Manuscripts should be submitted in MS Word. Authors are requested to follow APA Style. For full length articles, an abstract of approximately 100 words is required.
All articles submitted will be reviewed by two anonymous peer reviewers. No identifying information on each author is included in the review package sent to each reviewer. Once the review is completed comments and suggestions will be forwarded to article authors.
Following final acceptance of an article for publication, all authors will be required to submit a copy in MS Word for production purposes.
INSTRUCTIONS TO CONTRIBUTORS
1. Manuscripts should be typed double-spaced on 8 ½ x 11 quality paper. The length of the paper should be a maximum of 30 pages (inclusive of references, tables, graphs, appendices).
2. The first page should contain the article title, author’s name, affiliation, mailing address and e-mail address to which correspondence should be sent, and acknowledgments (if any). To ensure anonymity in the reviewing process, the author’s name should not appear anywhere else on the manuscript.
3. The second and third pages should contain an English/French version of an abstract not exceeding 200 words.
4. Language and format (headings, tables, figures, citations, references) must conform to the style of the Publications Manual of the American Psychological Association 6th Edition (APA).
5. All figures and tables must appear on separate sheets and be camera-ready.
6. Manuscripts should be submitted to the Editor in MS Word.
7. The evaluation of manuscripts include criteria such as: significance and currency of the topic; contribution to new knowledge in the field, appropriateness of the methodology or approach; and the clarity of presentation. The review process normally does not exceed three or four months.
8. Submission of a manuscript to The Canadian Journal of Career Development implies that this manuscript is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
The Editor is Robert Shea, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Associate Editor is Diana Boyd, Memorial University of Newfoundland. Submit manuscripts to the Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org