Submissions are open to articles that are Canadian and international in scope. The Journal is multi-sectoral and welcomes articles that deal with career development in its broadest sense.
Authors are encouraged to submit articles dealing with career development in the corporate, non-profit, secondary education, post-secondary education and government sectors.
Journal Topic Areas:
- Application of career theories
- New approaches, techniques and theories
- Career development in various populations
- Career and family interactions
- Workplace and workforce issues
- Career issues in K-12 and post-secondary
- Career counselling techniques, interventions and approaches
- Career transitions. (school/work, school/university, career change, career/retirement, etc)
- Career education
- Qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Cross-cultural research
- Intervention and counselling evaluations
- Career development policy development
Instructions to Contributors for Submission
- Complete the CJCD Article Submission Form.
- Manuscripts should be double spaced on letter-sized page with normal margins. Length of the paper should meet the criteria for the section you are submitting under.
- The first page should contain the articles title; running header; author’s names and affiliations; and acknowledgements (if any).
- If applicable to submission category, the second page should contain an abstract in English or French and not exceeding 200 words.
- All figured and tables must appear on their own separate pages. Due to page size limitations, it is advised to design tables and figures to fit entirely on one page. For tables and graphs pages only, the margins can be set to minimum to allow for additional room. Extremely long tables risk being cut apart to fit the publication size or may not be printable.
- Files should be submitted in MS word or MS word compatible format.
- Submission of a manuscript to the Journal implies that the manuscript is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
- Email the completed CJCD Article Submission Form along with your manuscript to email@example.com
Note: You should receive a Confirmation of Receipt email from the Associate Editor within 1-2 weeks. If you do not receive this notification, contact Associate Editor Diana Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Information for Contributors:
- Evaluation of manuscripts include criteria such as:
- significance and currency of the topic,
- contribution to new knowledge in the field,
- appropriateness of the methodology or approach,
- and clarity of presentation.
The review process normally does not exceed three to four months from submission to publication status.
The Editor is Robert Shea, Memorial University of Newfoundland and Associate Editor is Diana Boyd, Memorial University of Newfoundland.